Saturday, July 19, 2014

Celebrating Baby Liam {Liam's Baby Shower}

I'm interrupting my vacation posts to share pictures from Liam's baby shower today!

I remember how excited I was to share the pictures from Londyn Grace's shower two summers ago! It seems like yesterday and like forever ago at the same time!

The biggest difference between the two was the fact that LG's was a surprise and that I've know about Liam's for awhile. With our busy church schedule, vacation, and Daniel's missions trip to Guyana it was just easier for me to pick the date so we could make sure I was in Maryland for the big celebration.

While I like the fun of a surprise party, I'm glad I knew about this one so I could dress accordingly and actually do my hair and put on make-up!

Anyway... onto the adorable details of the little red wagon/vintage toy themed shower my mama and sister so graciously hosted!

The wooden rocking horse from my childhood greeted our guests and my cousin, Tammy, found the cutest wagon balloons online!



The drink station was set up just inside the door and looked so precious with the vintage touches of an old Coca Cola crate and banner made with pinwheels and toy ads from the 1960's hanging above it. 



My mama ordered the printable water bottle labels from the same etsy shop she purchased the red wagon invitation from.





I just loved this sweet little poem on the chalkboard! A glimpse into my future as a boy mom! I'm excited to experience the differences between a girly girl with smocked dresses and bows and a little boy with a loves of trucks and playing in the dirt! It will be so fun having the best of both worlds!


His burlap name banner makes my heart skip a beat! Seeing his name makes it all so real! 



 How precious is the little red wagon my mama scored at a thrift shop for four bucks?!!

She filled it with Hershey bars to be given out as favors to all of our guests!

The wraps also matched the bottle wrappers and invitation!

I'm so glad my Aunt El was able to snap pictures of most of the decor since I was busy greeting family and friends that we don't get to see very often since we live 3.5 hours from them!

The house was pretty crowded, but it was a good crowded!

Liam is one loved little man already!!



We also framed a few of my maternity pictures to display!


After everyone arrived, Daniel's grandmother or Oma as Londyn Grace calls her (she was born and raised in Germany until meeting Daniel's grandpa {who was there on assignment with the Air Force}, marrying and moving the states) said the blessing over the food.


We had a yummy lunch of chicken salad sandwiches, meatballs, veggies, chips and pretzels.

The dessert table was filled with lots of goodies as well!





The soon to be big sister devoured a few plates of dirt dessert!


She was so tired during the shower because it happened to start right at her naptime!



She hung in there though and made it through the entire thing being such a big helper as I opened gifts!

Her favorite gift was her new "ride" (double stroller) that she will share with brother!

We'll reuse her infant carseat (I bought a cover for it so he doesn't have to be carried in a pink floral seat!) and this stroller is compatible with it.




She also loved the duckies that Grammy and Grandpap bought for baby Liam to use in the tub!


Sweet Piper also helped me open presents!


And LG's little cousin, Sonya, was all smiles even though she was tired, too!


We were so blessed to get most of the things on our registry along with lots of clothes for our little man!

Once I finished opening everything, LG got to go outside and play with her new bubble machine that Mimi and Pop Pop got her!




Then my cousin Kelly and I had to get a picture of our baby boy bumps! She's due in two weeks with Brantley James!


It would be pretty cool if our boys decide to come on the same day!


It was such a great afternoon celebrating baby Liam! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who spoiled us with lots of stuff to make his entrance into our family a smooth one! 

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun day! Love all the pictures! Can't wait to meet Liam. You're right - he is loved already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I love the theme.

    ReplyDelete