Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Baby Shower!

Warning: This is a very long post!

Since Daniel is a pastor and has various responsibilities that keep him busy all day Sunday, Mondays are his usual day off. When we go to Maryland for a visit, we usually leave after evening service on Sunday night and spend the night with my parents or with his so we can have all day Monday to visit with our sweet families! 

I usually LOVE our Sunday night through Monday night time in Maryland since we don’t see our family on a weekly basis due to living 3.5 hours from them. Daniel has been so wonderful about spending his day off driving me down and back again in time for him to get some sleep for work on Tuesdays. Whenever I ask to go, he is willing, but this past Sunday night it was him who kept saying that we needed to go down for a visit. Normally, I would jump at the chance to do so, but lately I have just been SO anxious to get her nursery finished and the house ready for this baby! Mondays are also the only day Daniel has to spend time at home so I kept saying we really should just stay here and work on Londyn’s room and get some rest from a very busy weekend, but he kept insisting that we go.

He drove us down and we stayed at his parents house for the night. I got up early to meet my parents (it was their 29th wedding anniversary) so we could see my little cousin off on her first day of Kindergarten and then visit my grandmothers and pick up the curtains my Mom Mom had sewn for Londyn’s room. While doing those things, Daniel kept texting me asking me to come back to his parents house so we could have lunch with a boy that was in our youth group at our old church that is leaving for the Marines in a few weeks. I wanted to see him, but I also wanted to spend time with my parents and grandmothers. Reluctantly, I agreed to cut my visits short and head back for lunch. 

We had a great time catching up with Austin and enjoying a yummy lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. After lunch, we headed back to Daniel’s parents house. We sat and talked with his mom for awhile and he kept encouraging me to go lay down since I was tired from getting in late the night before and we would be getting home late. I kept saying I was fine because I didn’t want to spend time we could be visiting sleeping! We could’ve stayed in New Jersey if we wanted to sleep! But again reluctantly I agreed and Daniel said he’d be up to nap with me. 

After our nap, Daniel said he wanted to go down and visit his grandparents before we headed back to Jersey. As we got ready to go, I got a text from my sister asking us to come over for an anniversary dinner for my parents. We decided we could do both since   Daniel’s grandparents only live a few minutes from my sister and brother in law. My sister said dinner would be at 6:30 and it was only a little after 5:00 at that point so we went into town and got a card for my parents and also picked up tea that my sister asked us to bring. 

When we turned onto the road where my sister and brother in law live, I saw that this was definitely not an anniversary dinner! My parents and sister and brother in law were standing there with their signs!
The yard was full of friends and family all there for my shower!! It was a wonderful surprise! I didn't have any makeup on and told Daniel I wasn't getting out of the car! :)


Everything was decorated perfectly! 


They used lots of vintage pieces, and several things, like the little black shoes, that my Mama saved from when I was a baby!






 The adorable water bottle labels read:

Tiny hands and tiny feet...
It's not too long before we meet!

Londyn Grace...Arriving October 2012 

My brother in law worked really hard on this precious baby carriage! It was almost too cute to eat!


 The other desserts on the dessert table! Everyone worked so hard on making them look and taste great!






My sister won Chic Fil A in a Facebook contest so they catered my shower! It was SO good!


 Once we enjoyed the yummy food and played a few games, it was time to open presents! Isn't the clothesline adorable? 





The sweet diaper cake and super cute giraffe topper (which is actually a soft toy for Londyn!) that my cousin, Jenn, made!



 I was privileged to have both my Mom Mom (my Mom's mom) and my Mamal (my Mom Mom's mom) at my shower. 




My Mamal embroidered the bibs and my Mom Mom made the quilt for our  Londyn girl!


My little cousins were such BIG helpers! They passed me the presents so I could open them!















Daniel's parents bought Londyn her first Game Day gear! :)





My parents purchased the cloth diapers I really wanted to use for our girl! I am excited about the money they will save us in the long run!





My aunt (and photographer for the evening!) crocheted this pink and white blanket! It's a tradition for her to make one for each of the nieces and nephews, and now Londyn has her own! 



Five generations
(including Londyn Grace!)



My sweet hubby and me! He loaded the car and drove us back to Jersey really late Monday night and had to get up early for work on Tuesday! He's the best!


We received SO many precious gifts for our baby girl, so many that my parents have to bring the rest of them when they visit! I didn't include a picture of everything for the sake of space, but we are so very grateful for each one that came and blessed us with their presence at the shower and for those who worked SO hard to make it the wonderful evening it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment