Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Sweet Blog Award!

My sweet blog friend, Elenie, gave our blog an award! She found our blog a few months ago during a expectant mom link-up over at Kelly's Korner! Our due dates are only a week apart so it's been so fun following her journey!


Liebster is a German word and it means, sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The award is given to followers with less than 200 followers.

These are the questions that Elenie gave me to answer!

1.) Where was your first date with your hubby? On our first date, we went out to dinner, and then played miniature golf. It was very casual, but we ended up sitting at a picnic table and talking for awhile after we played! It was over 3 years ago, but I remember that day clearly even down to what I wore! :)
2.) What is your favorite movie? I’m not really a tv or movie watcher, but I love all of the films from Sherwood Pictures, Facing the Giants, Fireproof and Courageous.
3.) Do you have any special talents? If so, what are they? I’m not sure I’d consider them “special” but I do love to write. Before we got married, I wrote devotional type posts almost daily and posted them on my personal blog. I also love to sing and have sung with my family for several years in a Southern Gospel group!
4.) How long have you been blogging? Why do you like to blog? I started my personal blog in 2008 when I was single as a place to share what the Lord was doing in my life and in my study of His Word. I started this blog as a way for our families to stay connected with our life after we moved to New Jersey where my husband pastors. I like blogging because I love writing and also because it’s connected me with so many sweet friends!
5.) Do you like to cook? If so, what is your favorite recipe? I do enjoy cooking, but still lack confidence when doing so! I'm always waiting to see what Daniel thinks of dinner! He always has something sweet to say about it!  My favorite meal to make is chicken parmesan!
6.) Pepsi or Coke? It was always Pepsi in our house growing up, but Daniel is a Coke drinker!
7.) If you could go back in time to one moment in your life, what moment would you pick? Even though our wedding day was only 7 months ago, I’d love to experience it again! It was beyond perfect!!
8.) How many children do you have/ would you like to have? I'm 29 weeks pregnant with  our sweet Londyn girl who will be here in eleven weeks (give or take a few)! We will be thrilled with whatever number of children the Lord sees fit to bless us with! Maybe 5 or 6? :)
9.) What is the one beauty product you absolutely can’t live without? Bare Minerals make up! It’s pricey, but I haven’t found anything that compares!
10.) Name three things in your purse right now. 1.) my Vera Bradley wallet that Daniel got me for my birthday last year 2.) Bath and Body Works lip gloss 3.) my keys
11.) Did you or do you play any sports? If so, what? Um, I am about as far from athletic as they come! So, no!

These are the blogs I'm giving an award to:

Kara at Kara's Kolumn
Jessi at Joy Unspeakable

11 Questions from me:

1. What is your favorite Bible verse? 
2. How long have you been married?
3. Where do you like to shop? 
4. What is your favorite restaurant? 
5. What state were you born in? Do you still live there?
6. What are your hobbies? 
7. List three words that best describe you. 
8. What is your favorite book?
9. What advice would you give a first time mom? 
10. Why do you blog? 
11. Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows: 
(1) Post 11 things about yourself, (2) Answer the questions that your nominating blogger has set for you and then create 11 questions for your nominees, (3) choose up to 11 blogs to nominate and link them in your post, (4) go to their respective blogs and let them know, and (5) no tag backs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment