Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Tis the Season...

(How many more posts will I begin with song titles?!)

for Christmas decorating!

I love to decorate for any season or theme, but there's just something about Christmas decor that makes my heart super happy!

For the past two years, I've gone with a burlap, lace and silver color scheme. Mostly because I'm really picky about things matching and those colors match our living room!


Our tree is a mix of silver bulbs, snowflakes and our special family ornaments. Our wedding cake ornament was a gift the year we got married. LG's first Christmas ornament is a precious rocking horse with her name on it. I also have a few that were given to me by students while I was teaching. I added burlap garland and strings of lace then topped the tree with a burlap bow! I snagged the ruffled burlap tree skirt at Hobby Lobby last month!


Londyn Grace has done amazingly well with the tree and hasn't really bothered it! She loves to look at it and point to it and say "tree!", but other than that she been great about not pulling off ornaments or messing with it!

It has made for a really pretty picture backdrop! So we've taken lots of Christmas outfit pictures in front of it!

In the dining room, I cleared off the buffet of the usual decorations and used it to display my Willow Tree Nativity that was a Christmas gift last year. I ended up putting it on the wood slab that we used for our cake stand at the wedding! The pinecone garland is from the wedding, too!

I had to incorporate my love for chalkboards so Daniel hung the one we've used for several events including the wedding, gender reveal, and Lovey Lou's birthday party, above the buffet! I love how it turned out!

One of my new additions this year was based around this sparkly reindeer I snagged at HomeGoods awhile back! My mom gave me the old wooden tray and I picked up the glass candle globes at Goodwill.


I added a few small silver ornaments to tie it in with the tree decor.

I used our {faux} mantle again to hang our stockings and to add more chalkboard love!


If you look really closely, you'll notice that baby Jesus is missing from the Ecuadorian nativity set I bought on my first missions trip there back in 2006. That's because a certain little lady likes to play with him! :)

My Mama gave us a few of the village pieces she's been collecting over the years. Londyn Grace loves to look at the little village!



I couldn't leave the kitchen out, so here are a few shots of the festiveness going on in there!


I had to add a Christmas themed design to the chalkboard in there as well!


I had so much fun adding holiday touches to our home! 

We also put a little tree in Goosey's nursery, but I'll save that for tomorrow's post!

1 comment: