Tuesday, February 25, 2014

13 and 14 weeks with baby number two

We've been missing in action around the blog since our Valentine's post due to another death in our family. You already know about Mamal (my maternal great grandmother) passing in mid-January. Last week, just three weeks after Mamal went to Heaven, my Granny (paternal grandmother) joined her on streets of gold. Granny's death was a bit more sudden than Mamal's since she hadn't been really sick, but nonetheless she was 87 and had lived a long life of service to the Lord. Londyn Grace and I spent the week in Maryland with family and Daniel met us for the funeral on Saturday. The service was beautiful and I believe God was glorified, just as Granny would've wanted it.

So all of this has put me a few weeks behind on my weekly bump-dates. Being pregnant always make me think of my Granny since she carried ten babies! My Daddy was the tenth of ten children!

I am 14 weeks and one day along with our sweet babe.






Size of Baby: Baby is the size of a lemon and can now make facial expressions!

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Haven't weighed lately, but I did eat a lot of junk while home in MD last week. :(


Maternity Clothes:  Still fitting into my regular clothes, but will soon retire my button up skirts!

Gender:  Can't believe it's almost March, which means only one more month until the big reveal!

Movement: I've felt a few things that remind me of the movements I felt with LG, but again it seems too early.

Sleep:  Sleeping pretty well overall!

What I miss:  Nothing! Pregnancy is such a wonderful thing!

Cravings: I've been enjoying soda which isn't like me since I'm typically a water only type of girl!

Symptoms:  The nausea has really subsided! Last week was my best week yet in terms of not feeling
nauseous. Still tired and starting to have a little heartburn.


Best Moment this week:  Being home with family and knowing that though sweet baby number two will never meet his/her Granny, they have a rich, godly heritage because of the love she had for the Lord and the life she lived so faithfully for Him.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss and so thankful for the blessing of heaven and Godly legacies.

    And you look adorable! I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your loss, sending positive thoughts your way!! You look beautiful.

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandparents. On a brighter note, you look amazing in your bump pictures!

    ReplyDelete